Fantastiqa: Curious Companions and Rarest Relics Expansion
Note: this new expansion set is compatible with both the original Enchanted Edition of Fantastiqa AND the new Rucksack Edition. You must have one of these editions in order to use this expansion.
Tucked away inside the Beast Bazaar is a Cantina crammed with Curious Companions. They will happily aid you on your Adventure -- for a price! Curious Companions have two ability symbols displayed in the upper-left corner of the card, of two different types. When Adventuring and Completing Quests, you may use either or both symbols shown on the card.
Hidden in the attic of the Artifact Tower is a secret stash of arcane lore -- and it’s now for sale! Rarest Relics work exactly like regular Artifacts, but with more powerful effects -- and greater expense. Play a Rarest Relics card from your hand as a Free Action.
Rarest Relic cards (7 total)
The purchase price for each Rarest Relic card is 5 Gems.
• Bionic Bard: You may commit this card to any Personal Quest. Receive a +1 Point Bonus Token when this Quest is completed. Discard after each use.
• Enchanting Automaton: Play this card in front of you. Draw or release one extra card whenever you visit a Statue. This card stays in play for the rest of the game. You must draw or release cards as your Turn Action to perform this Free Action.
• Gem Golem: Draw two Gems from the supply.
• Mechanical Mule: Play this card in front of you. You may store one card, face-up, at a time on it; discard or play it at will. The Mechanical Mule stays in play for the rest of the
game. (It is okay to make the Mechanical Mule carry a Peaceful Dragon!)
• Rod of Raven-Prodding: Play this card in front of you. If this card is in play when the Mischievous Raven attempts to steal your Gems, he ignores you and steals from another player if he can. Discard this card after each use.
• Sceptre of Summoning: Name any card ability symbol from the Circle of Subduing. Draw from your deck, one card at a time, until you find a card with that symbol and add it to your hand. Discard the other cards. If you run out of cards to draw, claim none
• Steam-Powered Scout with a Luminous Snout: Travel up to two Regions away.
• 18 Curious Companion cards and 1 Curious Companion token
• 7 Rarest Relic cards and 1 Rarest Relic token
• Shuffle all the Curious Companion cards and set them face down
in a single deck, directly next to the Beast Bazaar cards. Put the
Curious Companions token next to this deck to identify it.
• Shuffle all the Rarest Relic cards and set them face down in a single deck, directly next to the Artifact Tower cards. Put the Rarest Relics token next to this deck to identify it.
• If you occupy a Region with a Beast Bazaar, you may draw three
cards from either the Beast Bazaar OR the Curious Companion
deck (not both). You may claim as many as you can afford.
• If you occupy a Region with an Artifact Tower on your turn, you
may draw three cards from either the Artifact Tower OR the Rarest
Relic deck (not both). You may claim as many as you can afford.
• “+S” Special Powers work as usual to let you draw additional cards
from either of these new decks.
• Claimed cards go in your discard pile as usual. Discard unclaimed cards face up beneath the source deck. Reshuffle this deck if you ever run out of face-down cards.